F70LA ELECTRIC START W POWER TILT AND TRIM* PROP, TANK AND CONTROLS NOT INCLUDED** INSTALLATION ON BOAT EXTRA***
2022 Yamaha Marine F70
Using advanced features and technology to make it extremely light yet very powerful, the F70 is the ideal outboard for a myriad of lightweight boats.
Crafted For Your Next Water Adventure
Precise Trolling Control
Adjust trolling speeds in 50-rpm increments simply by pushing a button on the optional Command Link tachometer or the VTS - switch on the optional multifunction tiller handle.
The overhead camshaft design efficiently exchanges intake and exhaust gases for responsive power and fuel efficiency.
Single Throttle Valve
Air entering the engine block is routed through a single throttle valve, to ensure the precise amount of air necessary for optimum power and fuel efficiency. It then enters each cylinder through individual long intake tracks, which are "pulse tuned" to provide air at the precise volume and timing for maximum density and power.
Features may include:
- An advanced powerhead design features a single overhead camshaft (SOHC), yet with four valves per cylinder, for maximum power and efficiency. Total intake valve area is increased 17%, while the pistons and valves are up to 10% lighter (when compared to our T60 model), giving it substantially more horsepower-per-litre of engine displacement than competitive outboards, both four stroke and two stroke direct-injected.
Lightest Weight In Class
- From the specially designed engine block to the two-piece upper case, every ounce of weight savings has been realized for maximum performance without sacrificing durability. Yamaha's new F70 is not only the lightest four stroke 70 horsepower outboard, it's even lighter than competitive two stroke direct-injected outboards.
Precise Throttle Control
- All air entering the engine block of Yamaha's new F70 four stroke is routed through a single throttle valve, to ensure the precise amount of air necessary for optimum power and fuel efficiency. It then enters each cylinder through individual long intake tracks, which are 'pulse tuned' to provide air at the precise volume and timing for maximum density and power.
Maximum Power And Efficiency
- Four individual compact electronic fuel injectors deliver the exact amount of fuel needed for optimum performance and economy. Controlled by the Engine Control Module via input from an array of on-engine sensors, their location just above the intake valves enhances fuel atomization, resulting in more efficient combustion.
Hole Shot And Acceleration
- Yamaha's F70 provides outstanding hole shot and acceleration thanks in part to an advanced sensor that allows maximum safe ignition timing and a gearcase featuring a high 2.33:1 gear ratio, with specially hardened pinion, forward, and reverse gears for increased durability.
More Power , Cleaner Emissions
- The F70 derives every bit of power available from the fuel by using Vapour Reduction and Vapour Burning Systems. By eliminating vapour from the fuel rail and re-routing it back to the Vapour Separator Tank, only fuel is injected in the cylinders for better combustion and power. A fuel vapour valve prevents fuel vapours from escaping to the atmosphere when the outboard is not running, and re-routes fuel vapours through the intake when the outboard is running. This helps achieve maximum fuel efficiency and minimum emissions.